In order to experience magic in your daily life you need to make room for it. Every day can be magical if you make a conscious choice to embrace it. This post is full of tips and techniques that you can use to enhance and fulfill your life in enchanting ways, every day!
REST AND PLAY: Sunday is ruled by the sun, bringing vibrant, successful and positive energy to any task. Above all, the sun symbolizes harmony in action, making Sunday a great day for enjoying the world around you, and having fun.
- Spend time with your friends and family
- Wear gold jewelry
- Light a white or yellow candle for future success
- Practice your favorite hobby or activity
- Add a sundial to your garden
- Wear yellow, gold, purple, scarlet, bright red, orange
- Spells for employment, personal illumination, personal power, good health, energy, and/or success
SUN HERBS: angelica, ash, bay, carnation, celandine, chamomile, cinnamon, daffodil, daisy, eyebright, frankincense, ginseng, juniper, lovage, marigold, orange, palm, peony, rosemary, rue, saffron, St. John's wort, sunflower, tea, witch hazel
SUN CRYSTALS: amber, carnelian, citrine, ruby, sunstone, topaz
WATER AND FLOW: Monday is ruled by the moon, bringing the powerful element of water into play. In magic we know that water conveys the energy we put into it, helping our work to flow into the goals we wish to achieve.
- Clean with water—wash the car, do the laundry
- Take a long, luxurious bath or shower
- Make magical perfumes, oils, floor washes, and air fresheners
- Meditate for longer than usual
- Wear silver jewelry
- Paint or another emotive hobby
- Light a white or blue candle for emotional wellbeing
- Add a water fountain to your garden
- Wear colors spotted or striped with white, cream, pale yellow, pale green, pale lavender, pale blue, pearl, white
- Spells for change, your feelings, finding lost things, travel protection, your perception on an issue
MOON HERBS: aloe, lemon balm, cabbage, cucumber, eucalyptus, gardenia, gourd, grape, honesty, jasmine, lettuce, lily, mallow, moonflower, nutmeg, poppy, potato, purslane, turnip, willow
MOON CRYSTALS: labradorite, moonstone, opal, clear quartz, turquoise
FIRE AND ENERGY: Tuesday is ruled by Mars, the planet of success, action, and daring. Fire and metal are the featured energies for this day. Save Tuesday for dealing with difficult people and issues, cultivating the warrior energy within yourself and channeling that emotion in the right direction through positive action.
- Buy small tools (or repair and clean old ones)
- Bake bread or other baked goods
- Make candles or incense
- Cook every meal (if you already make every meal at home, cook something special)
- Light a white or red candle for personal success through action
- Add a fire element to your garden (a grill, fire pit or chiminea)
- Wear crimson, fiery red, lemon yellow, red ochre, rust, saffron, scarlet
- Practice sewing or knitting (using metal tools)
- Spells for energy, sex, leadership, assertiveness, personal transformation, winning
MARS HERBS: anise, basil, cactus, carrots, chili peppers, coriander, cumin, garlic, ginger, hawthorn, holly, hops, horseradish, mustard, nettle, onion, pennyroyal, pepper, peppermint, pine, radish, shallot, snapdragon, thistly, tobacco, wormwood
MARS CRYSTALS: bloodstone, diamond, garnet, red jasper, magnetite
TALK AND WRITE: Wednesday is ruled by Mercury, the planet of thought and communication. Take care of all personal correspondences on this day, remind your loved ones of your love for them.
- Write—letters, e-mails, birthday and holiday cards, notifications of important life events
- Compose your blog entry
- Study, research, take a test
- Catch up on phone calls
- Work on scrapbooks, photo albums, editing pictures
- Pay bills (set up auto-pay)
- Shop for books, send one to someone else
- Give things away, share your love and personal energy
- Light a white or blue candle for mental growth and success in communicating with others
- Add wind chimes, flags, bells and ribbons to your garden
- Communicate with spirits and the fae
- Wear dusky silver, light blue, azure, dove, or light gray
- Spells for communication, answering questions, receiving messages, transportation protection, astral travel, bargaining success, school and work success, trickery
MERCURY HERBS: beans, bergamot, caraway, celery, cinquefoil, clover, dill, fennel, fern, goat's rue, horehound, lavender, lemongrass, lemon verbena, maidenhair fern, marjoram, mint, nightshade, parsley, savory
MERCURY CRYSTALS: agate, chalcedony, sardonyx, sodalite
SHOP AND SPEND: Thursday is ruled by Jupiter, a planet of long-term good fortune and expansion, often attributed to personal spirituality. This is a great opportunity to run errands that involve large sums of money, charity and your spiritual pursuits. Jupiter's job is to attract positive growth and good fortune.
- Start a new hobby
- Add a spiritual statue or a new footpath to your garden
- Shop for large-ticket items
- Expand your collection
- Give gifts
- Practice diviation
- Make healing sachets, herbal washes, and aura-cleaning products
- Light a white or purple candle and welcome healing energy into your life
- Wear red and green, sea green, deep blue or purple, violet, ash, lime, green and gold, and forest green
- Spells for healing, good luck, expansion, good fortune, educations, abundance, prosperity and wealth
JUPITER HERBS: anise, borage, chestnut, cinquefoil, clove, dandelion, endive, honeysuckle, hyssop, maple, pumpking, sage, sarsaparilla, sassafras
JUPITER CRYSTALS: amethyst, green aventurine, jasper, serpentine, sapphire
BEAUTY AND LOVE: Friday is ruled by Venus, the planet of earth and growth, the arts and all forms of love. From entertainment to personal beauty and fixing up the place, in all you do, Venus energy can be used dynamically for achieving the higher vibrations of love.
- Perform personal beauty enhancements
- Make your home and garden and art-inspired sanctuary
- Rearrange your altar
- Invite friends and family for a party
- Go on a date
- Wear white, purple, blue, green, brown, sky blue
- Create art and do crafts
- Make body powders, soaps, perfumes for love, passion sachets, and love amulets
- Wear gemstone jewelry
- Light a white, green or pink candle to attract love and beauty into your life
- Repot indoor plants
- Spells for love, money, harmony, relationships, marriage, finding lost objects, and pleasure
VENUS HERBS: African violet, apple, barley, birch, blue flag iris, cardamom, catnip, columbine, corn, crocus, geranium, hyacinth, lilac, magnolia, myrtle, orchid, plantain, rose, sandalwood, spearmint, strawberry, thyme, tomato, tulip, wheat
VENUS CRYSTALS: moss agate, emerald, jade, rose quartz
CLEANSE AND RELEASE: Saturday is ruled by Saturn, the planet of limits and rewards for hard work. Reserve Saturday for tackling big projects that take a lot of time and energy and for banishing negative energy to make room for positive energy.
- Clean out the garage, the basement, the attic, overflowing closets (wherever you stick stuff that you don't want to deal with)
- Choose appliances —stove, air conditioning units, refrigerators etc.
- Pick up clutter, vacuum, wash the windows, rearrange furniture
- Cleanse stagnant air and energy.
- Make furniture polish and carpet fresheners
- Light a white or brown candle to draw a miracle to you
- Erect a trellis, build a retaining wall, design a rock garden or other major renovations to your garden
- Wear black, dark green, dark brown, wood colors, dark blue
- Spells for removing obstacles or limitations, lifting restrictions, removing debts, overcoming delays
SATURN HERBS: amaranth, beets, belladonna, comfrey, elm, horsetail, ivy, lobelia, morning glory, mullein, pansy, patchouli, tansy, yew, yarrow
SATURN CRYSTALS: jet, obsidian, onyx, tigers eye
Each day of the week provides an opportunity for magic. No matter what you have scheduled in your calendar, try to do at least one magical thing each day. Having a sense of when to do those mundane tasks of your life to enhance their magical power can free your mind. Make the mundane magical, and every day will be full of magic!
Tell me about your practice in the comments below or on the Mumbles and Things Facebook page.