Start Here If You Don’t Know That The Fudge Nugget A Chakra Is
Scroll down to the bullet points for symptoms of an underactive or overactive root chakra.
We’ll start at the very beginning… it’s a very good place to start.
The First Chakra is the Root Chakra, (aka the Base Chakra or muladhara in sanskrit). It is located at the base of your spine at the tailbone. This amazing chakra is aptly named because, like the roots of a tree, it is your connection to earth’s energy and the material world. It governs your survival instincts and your need for basic necessities like food, shelter, and clothing. The root chakra helps revitalize your overall well-being and keeps you grounded.
Why do I care?
If you’ve ever felt anxious, stressed, unsettled, scattered or insecure, your root chakra was out of whack. And just like a game of Jenga, if the base is unbalanced all the pieces above fall out of place too. It’s time to heal from your foundation and work your way up the chakra system as soon as disconnected feelings of any shape or form creep into your body, mind or spirit.
Signs your Root Chakra is Underactive
- Feeling disconnected from the world
- Wanting to disconnect from the world
- Wanting to escape from being social and social media
- Feeling distant from relatives or wanting to be distant
- Acting kind of spacey
- Feeling overwhelmingly exhausted
- Feeling tired often
- Being a homebody from laziness or sadness
- Neglecting yourself
- Weighing less than normal
- Having trouble determining boundaries
- Having trouble disciplining yourself
- Feeling unusually depressed
- Feeling unusually passive
- Feeling unusually lethargic
- Experiencing chronic disorganization
- Experiencing an increased fear of change
- HEAL IT WITH CRYSTALS: Bloodstone, Garnet, Ruby
- HEAL IT WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Spruce, Frankincense, Chamomile
Signs your Root Chakra is Overactive
- Feeling anxious often
- Feeling nervous often
- Feeling paranoid often
- Questioning life, love and career
- Feeling confused about your future
- Craving unhealthy, comfort foods
- Overeating frequently
- Feeling aggressive often
- Presenting dominant behavior
- Engaging in adrenaline activities
- Hoarding more than natural
- Fixating on material possessions
- Needing to exercise more than usual
- HEAL IT WITH CRYSTALS: Hematite, Smoky Quartz, Black Tourmaline
- HEAL ITWITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Patchouli
Ways to heal your Root Chakra
- Connecting with the earth, whether that means working with plants or spending time outdoors.
- Ground yourself by standing up straight with your feet rooted to the earth. Close your eyes, focus on your feet and breathe deeply.
- Close your eyes and imagine a glowing red light at the base of your spine. Watch it grow.
- Guided Meditation
- Mantra: Lam (at the vibration of middle C).
- Crystals: Bloodstone, garnet, ruby, jasper
- Essential Oils: Basil, cedarwood, myrrh, patchouli, vetiver, white fir
- Affirmation: “I am a divine being of light. I am peaceful, protected, and secure.”
Signs your Root Chakra is Balanced
- Feeling abundant health and energy
- Feeling grounded and settled
- Feeling comfortable with own body
- Having a sense of safety and security
- Feeling happiness in job/career
- Feeling satisfied with life
- Experiencing material prosperity
▹ ▹ ▹ Check back for more posts in this series
This Is Where I Talk About A Blocked Sacral Chakra
This Is Where I Talk About A Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra
This Is Where I Talk About A Blocked Heart Chakra
This Is Where I Talk About A Blocked Throat Chakra
This Is Where I Talk About A Blocked Third Eye Chakra
This Is Where I Talk About A Blocked
Follow my Chakra Board on Pinterest!
Do You Practice Chakra Healing? Tell Me About It In A Comment Below Or Share It On The Mumbles & Things Facebook Page.