How to Tell if your Heart Chakra is Blocked
Start Here if you don’t know what the fudge nugget a chakra is
Scroll down to the bullet points for symptoms of an underactive or overactive heart chakra.
So What is the Heart Chakra?
Located in the center of the chest, the Heart Chakra is the emotional energy center of your body. Energetically speaking, the Heart Chakra is the bridge between the lower chakras (Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus) and upper chakras (Throat, Third Eye, Crown). This means it is the balance between your physical and spiritual self; the human being residing in this world and the spiritual being aware of planes beyond our immediate understanding. The more open your Heart Chakra is, the more capable you are of recognizing the spiritual in everyday circumstances (i.e. synchronicity, deep appreciation for the beauty of a flower, messages from spiritual guides)
Why do I care?
Emotions are complicated: they are intensely personal and private, yet most of the time they are responses to relationships and circumstances outside of yourself. The Heart Chakra is a perfect reflection of this. As much as the Heart Chakra tells you about yourself and your own willingness to open up to the world or hide from it, its energy also lets the people around you know, on an energetic level, how much you are willing to give or receive. The state of a person's Heart Chakra can inform you of how receptive they are to emotional interactions.
Ultimately, the Heart Chakra is a window into your most honest self. However much you grow and change one of the most consistent things in your life will be your emotional response to situations. This teaches you a lot about how you approach the world. Just as importantly, whatever emotion you feel - be it positive or negative - resonates within your Heart Chakras and from there out into the world changing it.
Signs Your Heart Chakra is Underactive
- fear of getting hurt
- feelings of loneliness or being unloved
- fear of relationships
- HEAL IT WITH CRYSTALS: Rose Quartz, Kunzite, Rhodochrosite
- HEAL IT WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Geranium
Signs Your Heart Chakra is Overactive
- overly empathetic
- overly concerned
- poor boundaries
- tendency to stay in abusive relationships
- overly sacrificing
- HEAL IT WITH CRYSTALS: Emerald, Malachite
- HEAL IT WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Melaleuca
How you can Heal and Balance your Heart Chakra
- Start with the Root Chakra and move up. Sometimes the imbalance is from somewhere below.
- Meditation. There are many guided meditations available on Youtube.
- Work with the color green; wear it, eat it, write in it, etc.
- Music. The Heart Chakra responds to music that makes you happy.
- Mantras: Yam
- “I am giving and receiving love effortlessly and unconditionally.”
- “I deeply, and completely love and accept myself.”
- “I am open to love.”
- “I am wanted and loved.”
- “I forgive myself.”
- “I live in balance; in a state of grace and gratefulness.”
- Crystals: amazonite, chrysocolla, chrysoprase, emerald rose quartz, green aventurine
- Essential Oils: Eucalyptus, geranium, lime, marjoram, melaleuca, peppermint, rose, thyme, ylang ylang
Continue your journey and share your experiences on the Mumbles & Things Facebook Page.
Follow my Chakra board on Pinterest!