Start Here If You Don’t Know That The Fudge Nugget A Chakra Is
This Is Where I Talk About A Blocked Root Chakra
This Is Where I Talk About A Blocked Sacral Chakra
This Is Where I Talk About A Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra
This Is Where I Talk About A Blocked Heart Chakra
Scroll down to the bullet points for symptoms of an underactive or overactive throat chakra.
So What is the Throat Chakra?
The throat chakra (aka your communication chakra or vishuddha in sanskrit) is the communication center in our energy bodies. Recognized by its pale blue color it is located over your physical throat and includes the thyroid, parathyroid, neck, jaw, mouth and ears.
Vishudda means “purification” in sanskrit. This is the chakra that allows you to express your authentic truth. This chakra aids in verbal communication, but this is a limiting view of what a balanced throat chakra is capable of. Communication involves observation and listening, and can be achieved through written word, symbolism and body language. A balanced Throat Chakra enhances your ability to listen to the world and increases your artistic expression.
Why do I care?
It can be extremely difficult to find the right words to express your desires, needs, opinions, thoughts, or wants, especially if you are shy. When you consider the impact of tone and inflection, trying to communicate clearly so that you are not misunderstood or do not accidentally hurt someone can seem impossible.
Communication is a complex process deserving far more attention and respect than it usually receives. It requires thoughtfulness and clarity to choose the words, symbols, or actions which will accurately express the idea you want to convey without misunderstandings.
Signs Your Throat Chakra Is Underactive
- suppressed feelings
- fear of expression
- fear of offending others
- shyness/weak voice
- poor rhythm
- HEAL IT WITH CRYSTALS: Kyanite, Azurite, Blue Topaz
- HEAL IT WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Lavender
Signs Your Throat Chakra Is Overactive
- excessive talking
- inability to listen
- loud or dominating voice
- tendency to interrupt
- HEAL IT WITH CRYSTALS: Turquoise, Sapphire, Aquamarine
- HEAL IT WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Oregano
How you can Heal and Balance your Throat Chakra
- Start with the Root Chakra and move up. Sometimes the imbalance is from somewhere below.
- Meditation. There are many guided meditations available on Youtube.
- Work with the color blue; wear it, eat it, write in it, etc.
- Read out loud.
- Mantras: Hum
- “I Speak From My Highest Truth."
- "I Speak Authentically.”
- "I Listen To Others When They Speak."
- "I Listen To Others Without Judgement."
- "I Hear The Sounds of Nature."
- "I Communicate Clearly."
- "I Express My Creative Nature."
- "My Voice Is Strong and Clear."
- Crystals: angelite, apatite, aquamarine, celestine, blue lace agate, sodalite, lapis lazuli, turquoise
- Essential Oils: birch, lavender, oregano
Signs Your Throat Chakra Is Balanced
- good listener
- communicates easily/clearly
- lives creatively
- speaks with confidence
- sings well
- good sense of timing/rhythm
- expresses self freely
- comfortable with body language
▹ ▹ ▹ Check back for more posts in this series.