How to Clean Crystals
When working with a crystal, it is a good idea to begin by cleaning it. The goal is to remove any energy that might hamper its vibrations. Here are a few methods to try out on your crystals and jewelry.
- Place the crystal on a windowsill where it can be touched by moonlight.
- Place it outside in the moonlight if it’s warm. Cold temperatures can crack crystals.
- Note: Mark the area if you place a crystal on the ground outside so that you don’t lose it.
- Hold the crystal in your hand and imagine all negativity being washed away by your intention.
- Visualize a white light surrounding the stone.
- Do this for a few minutes or until the crystal feels energetically lighter or cleaner.
- Bury the crystal in a potted plant or place it on top of the soil.
- Note: If your crystal can be damaged by water do not use this technique.
- Place the crystals in a bowl and place the container outside on the ground before an oncoming storm.
- The water and lightning hitting the ground will send out vibrations to the bowls.
- Never go out during a storm to do this, place the crystals outside BEFORE the storm arrives.
- Before doing this make sure that the crystals will not be damaged by water and that they will not be disturbed while being outside.
- If the storm has very strong winds, do not use this method because the winds can blow the container and rocks all over the place and damage them.
- Light a Sage Stick, Palo Alto stick, or incense in a heat proof container
- Hold the crystals approximately 6 to 12 inches above the source of the smoke and let it surround the crystal.
- Do this for a few minutes or until the crystal feels energetically clean.
- Note: Be sure to keep your hand far enough from the heat so you don’t get burned.
- Place the stone in a bowl and cover it with sea salt.
- Leave the crystal in the salt for at least 20 minutes and up to 2 days two.
- Make sure that your crystal is dry before doing this.
- You can use table salt or Epsom salt, if sea salt is not available.
- After using the salt, throw it out; do not reuse it.
- Let cool water run over a crystal to clean it.
- It may take as little as a few seconds to 10 minutes.
- After using this method, be sure to dry the crystal thoroughly.
- There needs to be caution taken with this method, because many crystals can be harmed by water.
- Bury the crystal in a bowl of rice for one to two days.
- Note: After retrieving the stone, discard the rice and do not use it.
- Select a geode, cathedral, or cluster to use getting rid of unwanted energies in your crystal.
- Make sure that the cluster you are using is clean itself and then place the crystal in it.
- Leave the stone you'd like cleaned on top of the cluster for one to two days.
- The cluster must be bigger than the crystal it is cleaning.
- Some crystals can be scratched by other crystals, use care.
- Hold the crystal in your hand and ding a tuning fork with your other hand.
- Slowly move the tuning fork in a counterclockwise direction around the stone until it stops vibrating.
- Do this twice more if the crystal needs more cleaning.
- Note: Sound can also come from musical instruments like a piano or even playing a recording of sound.
- Hold a crystal or other type of pendulum above your crystal
- The pendulum will rotate counter clockwise or move up and down, or left to right depending on your pendulum and how it designates “no”.
- When it is done cleaning it will move in the opposite direction.
Continue growing with and learning about your crystals and share your experiences on the Mumbles and Things Facebook page.