Guest Post Submission
Write for Mumbles & Things
This blog now accepts and welcomes guest contributions. I often get asked about guest posts, so I decided to take the opportunity to get new voices and fresh perspectives in. If you want to have your work featured here, that's awesome! Please follow the guidelines below.
The type of content I'm looking for
My number one goal for this blog is to make a great resource for people who are interested in working with crystals, learning about witchcraft and practicing meditation. Whether readers are beginners or long time practitioners, I want this to be a source of valuable information.
Every topic I run has to be of interest to the readers and provide some direct value. If you think you can give me an article/post/resource like that then you’re just who I'm looking for!
Some fine details:
- List posts, tutorials, quick how-to posts … they’re all good as long as they help meet the goal described above.
- Think, crystals, magic and meditation: what can you share to help the community? What unique view can you add to the chorus?
- The content needs to be 100% original. That means it's never been published anywhere else.
- I will say this part again in case you weren't paying attention before, please only submit original content that doesn't violate any copyright laws.
Here are some of my posts (for inspiration):
- Why do Crystals Work? and How to Program Them
- Beginner's Guide to Chakras
- Working with Moon Energy
- Introduction to Magic: Purpose
- 800+ words, please.
- Internal links to other content on my blog or site (that way I know you care).
- No more than three external links (to reliable, safe resources)
- If an expression or piece of advice sounds obvious, delete it.
- Good headings and subheadings.
Please write a short bio to include with your post. You get to include one URL link to your website in the bio.
Note: I retain the copyright of every post published on this site. If approved, you cannot republish your work elsewhere. You can, however link back to your post to promote it or use a sample of your writing.
How to get your work published here
- Start by coming up with 3 headline ideas that you think could work well.
- Tell me exactly how our readers will benefit from each of those posts.
- Send your ideas via the form below (please don’t send a complete article), along with 4-5 links to your previous work.
- I will take a look at them, reach back to you and let you know what’s next.
I read and go through all submissions. If you send it, I will read it! And you’ll get an answer too. However:
- It might take me 1-2 weeks before I get to your submission.
- Please wait at least 3 weeks before resubmitting (any resubmitted posts before this time will be declined outright).
- My publication schedule tends to be loooong. So you might have to wait up to 3 months to get your work published. That being said, if I totally love your article, I might rush it through … to, like, next week or so.
Oh, and by the way, make sure to use the word "flamingo" somewhere in your pitch. That way, I know you’ve read the guidelines. I'm doing Ctrl+F on all submissions, so if the word isn’t found, you may not receive a response.