Garnet is the January birthstone, but you can make good use of it whether you were born in January or not. Garnet is a remarkable gemstone for magical work, bringing love, joy, protection, healing, and compassion. Who couldn't use that in the middle of a cold, dark winter? If you don't have a piece of garnet jewelry, get a tumbled stone to place on your altar or find a strand of garnet chips.
- Color: red, pink, green, orange, yellow, brown, black
- Appearance: transparent or translucent crystal, often small and faceted or larger opaque piece
- Rarity: common
- Source: worldwide
Garnet is a powerfully energizing and regenerating stone. It balances and heals the chakras. It stimulates, purifies, and reenergizes, bringing calmness or vitality as appropriate. Garnet is one of the most plentiful stones. Each of it's many forms have different properties in addition to the generic attributes.
Wear or carry garnet as a talisman to warn of approaching danger. It can be used for all kinds of protective magic, including guarding against thieves, negative energy, and nightmares.
Garnet conjures up feelings of love and devotion, making it a great substitute for the more expensive ruby, which it can resemble. It has long been considered a stone for lovers, balancing sex drive and alleviating emotional disharmony. Red Garnet in particular stimulates the controlled rise of kundalini energy and aids sexual potency. This is a stone of commitment. Perhaps you and your beloved would like to have matching rings set with garnet.
A useful crystal to have in a crisis, Garnet is especially helpful at times when you feel there are no ways out or when it seems life has splintered or is traumatic. It fortifies, activates, and strengthens the survival instinct, bringing courage and hope into seemingly hopeless situations. Crisis is transformed into challenge under Garnet's influence.
- Add a few garnet chips to charm bags or sachets for love, healing, or protection.
- Wear Garnet in contact with the skin, especially on earlobes, fingers, or over the heart.
- Place on the third eye chakra to aid in past-life recall.
- Use Garnet with other crystals to activate them and amplify their effects.
In addition to the generic attributes, the following forms and colors have additional properties.
- Almandine Garnet: Regeneration, Strength, Compassion
- Demantoid Garnet (Andradite): Love, Perseverence, Commitment
- Green Garnet (Uvarovite): Abundance, Self-Confidence, Expression
- Grossularite: Joy, Balance, Physical Health
- Hessonite: Creativity, Meditation, Confidence
- Melanite: Honesty, Dispels Resentment, Partnership
- Pyrope: Vitality, Charisma, Creativity
- Rhodolite: Sincerity, Intuition, Inspiration
- Spessarite: Love, Optimism, Generosity
- Red Garnet: Love, Self-Esteem, Vitality
How do you use Garnet? Tell me below in the comments share it on the Mumbles & Things Facebook Page.