When working with a crystal, it is a good idea to begin by cleaning it. The goal is to remove any energy that might hamper its vibrations. Here are a few methods to try out on your crystals and jewelry.
- Place the crystal on a windowsill where it can be touched by moonlight.
- Place it outside in the moonlight if it’s warm. Cold temperatures can crack crystals.
- Note: Mark the area if you place a crystal on the ground outside so that you don’t lose it.
- Hold the crystal in your hand and imagine all negativity being washed away by your intention.
- Visualize a white light surrounding the stone.
- Do this for a few minutes or until the crystal feels energetically lighter or cleaner.
- Bury the crystal in a potted plant or place it on top of the soil.
- Note: If your crystal can be damaged by water do not use this technique.
- Place the crystals in a bowl and place the container outside on the ground before an oncoming storm.
- The water and lightning hitting the ground will send out vibrations to the bowls.
- Never go out during a storm to do this, place the crystals outside BEFORE the storm arrives.
- Before doing this make sure that the crystals will not be damaged by water and that they will not be disturbed while being outside.
- If the storm has very strong winds, do not use this method because the winds can blow the container and rocks all over the place and damage them.
- Light a Sage Stick, Palo Alto stick, or incense in a heat proof container
- Hold the crystals approximately 6 to 12 inches above the source of the smoke and let it surround the crystal.
- Do this for a few minutes or until the crystal feels energetically clean.
- Note: Be sure to keep your hand far enough from the heat so you don’t get burned.
- Place the stone in a bowl and cover it with sea salt.
- Leave the crystal in the salt for at least 20 minutes and up to 2 days two.
- Make sure that your crystal is dry before doing this.
- You can use table salt or Epsom salt, if sea salt is not available.
- After using the salt, throw it out; do not reuse it.
- Let cool water run over a crystal to clean it.
- It may take as little as a few seconds to 10 minutes.
- After using this method, be sure to dry the crystal thoroughly.
- There needs to be caution taken with this method, because many crystals can be harmed by water.
- Bury the crystal in a bowl of rice for one to two days.
- Note: After retrieving the stone, discard the rice and do not use it.
- Select a geode, cathedral, or cluster to use getting rid of unwanted energies in your crystal.
- Make sure that the cluster you are using is clean itself and then place the crystal in it.
- Leave the stone you'd like cleaned on top of the cluster for one to two days.
- Note: The cluster must be bigger than the crystal it is cleaning.
- Hold the crystal in your hand and ding a tuning fork with your other hand.
- Slowly move the tuning fork in a counterclockwise direction around the stone until it stops vibrating.
- Do this twice more if the crystal needs more cleaning.
- Note: Sound can also come from musical instruments like a piano.
- Hold a crystal or other type of pendulum above your crystal
- The pendulum will rotate counter clockwise or move up and down, or left to right depending on your pendulum and how it designates “no”.
- When it is done cleaning it will move in the opposite direction.
▹ ▹ ▹ Continue growing with and learning about your crystals and share your experiences on the Mumbles and Things Facebook page.