Start Here If You Don’t Know That The Fudge Nugget A Chakra Is
Scroll down to the bullet points for symptoms of an underactive or overactive sacral chakra.
►►► So What is the Third Eye Chakra?
The third eye chakra (aka your inner eye chakra, spiritual chakra or ajna in sanskrit) is the sixth of the seven chakras. Located on your forehead between both eyes, it is also commonly referred to as the Brow Chakra.
The Sanskrit word Ajna means “beyond wisdom”. This is the chakra that connects you with your intuition, to help guide your spirit by using your inner knowledge. This chakra tends to receive more attention than the others because it is often discussed in relation to psychics, mediums, and tarot readers.
Balancing and opening the third eye chakra allows you to learn to expand your awareness beyond your five senses and will broaden your perceptions so you can more easily see the truth.
►►► Why do I care?
Have you ever noticed that a family member, friend, business associate, or new person in your life seems “off” with seemingly no explanation? Or, have you had a strange “feeling” that you should take a different route than usual when driving or walking? These types of experiences occur when your third eye is perceiving what the five human senses of touch, taste, smell, sight, and sound cannot: that you are not receiving the full truth of the situation. Your Third Eye can act as an alarm and warn you about situations and more if you tune into it regularly. Balancing and opening the third eye chakra allows you to learn to expand your awareness beyond your five senses and will broaden your perceptions so you can more easily see the truth.
►►► Signs Your Third Eye Chakra Is Underactive
- inability to plan or set goals
- poor vision/memory
- difficulty seeing future
- lack of imagination
- HEAL IT WITH CRYSTALS: Amethyst, Sugilite, Moonstone
- HEAL IT WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Clary Sage
►►► Signs Your Third Eye Chakra Is Overactive
- obsessed with psychic vision
- tendency to space out
- difficulty concentrating
- HEAL IT WITH CRYSTALS: Spectrolite, Lapis Lazuli, Watermelon Tourmaline
- HEAL IT WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Oregano
►►► How you can Heal and Balance your Third Eye Chakra
- Start with the Root Chakra and move up. Sometimes the imbalance is from somewhere below.
- Meditation. There are many guided meditations available on Youtube.
- Yoga poses where the forehead is touching the ground (such as child’s pose), or facing the ground (such as dolphin pose).
- Take notes when you feel like you're intuition is telling you something.
- Mantra: AUM — with emphasis on the “M”
- “I Open Myself to My Inner Guidance and Deepest Wisdom."
- "I Am a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience.”
- "My Imagination is Open to All Possibilities."
- "I Know That All Is Well Within My World."
- "I Envision A World of Love, Peace and Beauty."
- "I Honor My Intuition."
- "I See All Things With Clarity."
- "I Embrace My Inner Knowing to Awaken My Psychic Potential."
- Crystals: amethyst, blue quartz, charoite, lepidolite, purple flourite, sodalite, sugilite, lapis lazuli
- Essential Oils: clary sage, lemongrass
►►► Signs your Third Eye Chakra is Balanced
- good memory
- able to plan and carry out plans
- sleeps well
- can recall dreams
- calm mind
Check back for more posts in this series.